Friday 5 March 2010

Venables.


This is the face of a child who murdered another child.

And this is also the face of a child.

I don't understand the hysteria around a man being awarded, (correctly awarded) an adult life, and who chooses to do the things that other adults enjoy. This should include going out in the areas he knows, and supporting the football team he follows,

Why is he a demon when Ronnie Kray - an adult - a premeditative, gratuitous, violent senior is hero-worshipped in the part of London where I live?

Look again.

3 comments:

  1. I don't get it either. I think that makes me enlightened. I suspect that 95% of the population would think it makes me a cunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember having this debate with my Dad and my sister years ago. It wasn't much of a debate, mind you, more of a consensus, as we're all pretty much libertarian in my family. What we were discussing was whether a child killer has a right to an adult life. I believe they do but it's not easy to do this without upsetting the family of the dead. Having said that, if you allow a person to have an adult life and a new chance of an improved identity, then there has to be freedoms with that. I sure, I hope Venables will have his own family one day. Leave him be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know what's happened to Thomson and Venables' parents - the ones who turned them into the children they became. They're the ones with a lot to answer for.

    ReplyDelete